Cathedral Grants Committee
Saint John’s Cathedral makes grants to organizations to further the mission and ministry of the cathedral. The vestry has charged the Grants Committee to review grant applications and to make grants.
Purpose of Grants: Grants are made to organizations or projects to address one or more issues raised by the priorities set by the cathedral’s Faith in Action Commission. This year Saint John’s Cathedral will consider grant applications from Colorado’s nonprofit organizations that address:
Mental health, homelessness, and housing
Food insecurity and hunger
The needs of and advocacy for immigrants and refugees
Criminal justice reform, as well as services provided to the incarcerated or recently incarcerated
The priorities may change from year to year.
– Nonprofit organizations that are tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
– Unincorporated nonprofit organizations, groups, and initiatives may apply but must have a tax-exempt fiscal sponsor
– Organizations that align with the cathedral’s core value of being welcoming and inclusive of all
*Only Colorado-based organizations, groups, and initiatives will be considered in 2023.
– Organizations that discriminate in engaging, retaining, and promoting employees, volunteers, and board members and in providing services to clients, on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligation, marital status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law
– Organizations that do not align with the cathedral’s core value of being welcoming and inclusive of all
How to Apply: 2023 Grants Application
The Grants Committee accepts applications from eligible applicants in the second half of the year for one-time grants. Applications for 2023 will be due on Monday, October 2, 2023, no later than 5 pm. The committee will begin reviewing applications shortly after the due date.
Grant applications must include the following:
– Colorado Common Grant Application: Complete all sections of the application. Applicants should refer to the Colorado Common Grant Application User’s Guide.
– The applicant’s most recent audited financial statement or, if the applicant does not have an audited financial statement, the most recent IRS Form 990
– The cover letter should state the amount requested, how the funds requested will be used, and address the following questions:
– How does the organization’s mission and activities further the mission and ministry of Saint John’s Cathedral and align with the priorities of the Faith in Action Commission stated above?
– Is there an opportunity for an ongoing relationship between the organization and the cathedral? If so, describe how.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Applications for 2023 are due on Monday, October 2, 2023, and must be received no later than 5 pm mountain time. The committee will begin reviewing applications shortly after the due date. For more information about applying for a grant, please contact the Grants Committee at