Cathedral Grants Committee
Saint John’s Cathedral makes grants to organizations to further the mission and ministry of the cathedral. The vestry has charged the Grants Committee to review grant applications and to make grants.
Purpose of Grants: Grants are made to organizations or projects to address one or more issues raised by the priorities set by the cathedral’s Faith in Action Commission. This year Saint John’s Cathedral will consider grant applications from Colorado’s nonprofit organizations that address:
Mental health, homelessness, and housing
Food insecurity and hunger
The needs of and advocacy for immigrants and refugees
Criminal justice reform, as well as services provided to the incarcerated or recently incarcerated
The priorities may change from year to year. Our recent grants have ranged between $1,000 and $10,000, with the majority of grants falling within the range of $5,000 to $7,500.
– Nonprofit organizations that are tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
– Unincorporated nonprofit organizations, groups, and initiatives may apply but must have a tax-exempt fiscal sponsor
– Organizations that align with the cathedral’s core value of being welcoming and inclusive of all
*Only Colorado based organizations, groups and initiatives will be considered in 2021.
– Organizations that discriminate in engaging, retaining, and promoting employees, volunteers, and board members and in providing services to clients, on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligation, marital status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law
– Organizations that do not align with the cathedral’s core value of being welcoming and inclusive of all
How to Apply: 2022 Grants Application
The Grants Committee will accept applications from eligible applicants beginning August 1, 2022 through October 1, 2022 at 5 pm for one-time grants. Recent grants have ranged between $2,000 and $10,000. Completed grant applications must be submitted electronically via e-mail to . Receipt will be acknowledged by email. Disbursements will be made by December 31, 2022.
Grant applications must include the following:
– Colorado Common Grant Application: Complete all sections of the application. Applicants should refer to the Colorado Common Grant Application User’s Guide.
– The applicant’s most recent audited financial statement or IRS Form 990
– The cover letter should state the amount requested, how the funds requested will be used, and address the following questions:
– How does the organization’s mission and activities further the mission and ministry of Saint John’s Cathedral and align with the priorities of the Faith in Action Commission stated above?
– Was the organization affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and, if so, how was it affected and how did the organization respond?
– Is there an opportunity for an ongoing relationship between the organization and the cathedral? If so, describe how.