Cathedral Grants Committee
The Saint John’s Cathedral Grants Committee has been charged by the vestry to make grants with cathedral funds to charitable organizations exempt under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) to further the ministry of Saint John’s Cathedral.
Grants will not be made to tax exempt organizations whose nondiscrimination policies concerning providing services to clients and engaging employees and volunteers do not align with the Cathedral’s policy, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Grants are made in accordance with the priorities set by the Faith in Action Commission – to address issues around mental health, housing and homelessness, food insecurity and hunger, refugees and immigrants, and criminal justice reform.
2021 Grants Application
Requirements for 2021 grant applications, including eligibility to apply and grant priorities, will be posted to this page by July 1, 2021. The Committee will accept grant proposals from August 1, 2021 through 5 pm on October 1, 2021.
Grant Applications from 501(c)(3) organizations must include the following:
– Colorado Common Grant Application (complete all sections of the application that apply to the purpose for which the application is made).
– Audited financial statements or IRS Form 990.
– A cover letter stating the amount requested, how the funds requested will be used, and addressing the following questions:
– How does the organization’s mission and activities further the mission and ministry of Saint John’s Cathedral, align with the priorities of the Faith in Action Commission, and align with the cathedral’s nondiscrimination policies?
– Was the organization affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and, if so, how was it affected and how did the organization respond?
– Is there an opportunity for an ongoing relationship between the organization and the cathedral? If so, please describe how.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.